Dear Parents and Friends,
Welcome to St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Enfield’s website.
St Joseph’s is founded on the Gospels and was established in 1917 by the Sisters of Saint Joseph. Through the example of Jesus and the charism of Saint Mary of the Cross MacKillop, our community is guided and nurtured to live a life of faith.
Our motto, “Live justly, love tenderly and walk humbly with our God”, (Micah 6:8), defines all aspects of school life. This simple motto is embedded in our daily activities and directs the way our community lives and learns in service of each other. Through our school values of peace, respect, honesty, justice, empathy, compassion, tolerance and love, our students are educated to achieve to their full potential and appreciate the varied gifts each of us brings to our school and our world.
Our school offers a vibrant and engaging curriculum. We believe in a curriculum that is differentiated and holistic and that enables our children to thrive and develop a love of learning. Our programs respond to student needs through intervention, support and enrichment.
We value partnerships with our parent community and parish and are blessed by the community spirit that exists in our school.
Thank you for visiting our website. Please take your time to browse and explore all that our wonderful school has to offer.
Mrs Maria Maiorana
St Joseph’s Primary, Enfield was founded in 1917 under the guidance of the Josephite Sisters. Although 1979 saw the Sisters move out of the school, the charism of their foundress, Saint Mary MacKillop, lives on through the values and traditions established.
- 1916 – Parish of Enfield established
- 1917 – Original Church/School opened (presently St Joseph’s Parish Hall)
- 1922 – Eastern extensions were made to Church/School
- 1960 – New school built
- 1977 – Four classrooms and canteen built
- 1979 – Sisters of St Joseph withdraw from administration of the school
- 1980 – De La Salle Brothers move into St Joseph’s Primary
- 1989 – De La Salle Brothers withdraw
- 1990 – St Joseph’s becomes a fully systemic school of the Sydney Catholic Education Office
- 1991 – Appointment of St Joseph’s first lay Principal
- 1993 – Library and Resource Room built
- 1996 – Extensions: Special Education Room
- 1997 – Launching of our SRD strategic plan for St Joseph’s School, Part I
- 2001 – Launching of our SRD strategic plan for St Joseph’s School, Part II
- 2003 – School Accessibility Oval
- 2006 – Strategic Plan 2006-2009 launched
– Celebration of 90 years of Parish life and Catholic Education
- 2010 – Building and Refurbishment of main building completed
- 2012 – Building the Education Revolution (BER) Project i.e. multi-purpose hall/gymnasium and classrooms completed and officially opened. Athletics track and oval opened
- 2016 St Joseph’s Catholic Church Celebrates Centenary
- 2017 St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School Celebrates Centenary
- 1916 – 1941 Fr John P Considine
- 1942 – 1957 Fr Charles Nolan
- 1957 – 1979 Fr John Ferrari
- 1979 – 1985 Fr John McRae
- 1985 – 2001 Fr Joseph Camilleri
- 2001 – 2012 Fr Joseph Le Van Trong
- 2013 – Fr Patrick Njenga (Administrator)
- 2014 – 2016 Fr Anthony Mifsud
- 2017 – Present Fr Kim Ha
- 1917 – 1979 Sisters of St Joseph
- 1980 – 1989 Br Aloysius FSC
- 1990 – Ms Carmel McCarthy (Acting)
- 1991 – 1994 Mr Peter Hamer
- 1995 – 2003 Sr Jennifer Ryan RSM
- 2004 – 2012 – Mr Michael McGovern
- 2013 – Present Mrs Maria Maiorana
Our vision is enlivened by our mission. Our mission is to be people of service as we live out our school values of PRhOJECT LOVE!
Our vision is based on the development of an authentic Catholic school that:
- Is founded on Jesus Christ and is enlivened by the values of the Gospel
- Highlights the relevance of our faith to life and contemporary culture
- Is embedded within the Parish community and shares in the evangelising mission of the Church
- Is committed to the development of the whole person: spiritual, academic, physical, social and emotional
At St Joseph’s our vision is captured in the following:
- Journeying with Jesus and His Gospel message
- Uniting in partnership with home, school and parish
- Striving for the total development of each child
- Toward a life of prayer, sacraments and Eucharistic celebrations
- Inclusive education where children, parents, and staff are accepted, valued and respected
- Celebrating the joy of discovery and the excitement of learning
- Educating students to achieve their individual potential
We are committed to providing an environment that nurtures each child’s awareness and development of their own individual potential and the importance of using their unique gifts to serve God and others.
The St Joseph’s community is a vibrant one. The school is an integral part of the Parish and enjoys a close relationship with parents, grandparents, and carers.
St Joseph’s Church
- Address: 126 Liverpool Road, Enfield
- Phone: (02) 9747 4884
Parish Priest: Father Kim Ha
Parish website: www.stjosephenfield.org.au
- Monday to Thursday – 9.15am
- Friday – 12.00pm
- Saturday – 12.00pm | 5:30pm
- Sunday – 9.00am | 10:30am | 6:00pm
A loop system is installed for those with hearing aids
Proudly Part of the Community of Sydney Catholic Schools
Our school is part of a system of over 150 low-fee Catholic schools in the Sydney Archdiocese.
Sydney Catholic Schools are thriving Catholic communities that ignite a love of Christ through excellent teaching and learning to empower students to reach their full potential.